WATER & SEWER DEPARTMENT
- Valid Picture I.D.
- Renters: Bring a copy of your lease agreement.
- New Service Form Completed
New Service Deposits:
Checks or Cash ONLY accepted for deposits.
- Home Owners.........................$75.00
- Mobile Homes.........................$150.00
- Religious Establishments............$100.00
Inside Customers Trash Service:
Customers who live inside town limits are provided with trash service which is included in your water service billing each month. When starting a new account please be sure to let us know if you need a new trash can at your new home. For can replacements, comments, or questions please call Town Hall at 318-965-2781 and we will contact the service provider for you. Trash Service is picked up every Monday morning. (Early)
Additional Trash Service:
On Wednesdays the Town picks up yard waste and large items that the Trash Company doesn't normally pick up.
Pick Up Policies:
Yard waste must be bagged up and at the curb. Small sticks and small tree limbs that cannot be bagged must be stacked neatly at the curb.
Household appliances must have doors removed and be placed at the curb.
We do not pick up paint cans of any kind, no tires, and no chemicals, and no insulation. We also do not pick up any construction debris when remodeling your homes. We do not pick up whole trees when cut down.
If you have items to be picked up, please let us know by calling town hall at 318-965-2781.
Tips on saving water:
Inside Town Customers:
- Water is charged per 1000 gallons at a rate of $6.89 + a $7.00 flat fee.
- Sewer is charged per 1000 gallons at a rate of $2.50 + a $3.00 flat fee.
- Trash Service is a flat $17.00 per month
- Water is charged per 1000 gallons at a rate of $7.60 + a $10.50 flat fee.
- Sewer is charged per 1000 gallons at a rate of $3.75 + a $6.00 flat rate.
For immediate assistance please contact us at 318-965-2781. (No Emails)
Meters are read between the 15th and 18th of each month. All meters are a drive by radio read. Which means our meter reader does not have to physically read each meter.
Bills are generally mailed out to customers between 18th and 23rd of each month.
Due Dates, Late Fees, and Disconnects:
- Payments are due on the 12th of each month.
- On the 13th a 10% late charge will be added.
- Unpaid accounts will be disconnected on the 21st of each month and a non-payment fee of $10.00 will be added to your balance.
Leaks / Swimming Pools:
Customers who have a high bill due to a leak or filling a swimming pool will need to fill out a leak form and we will make an adjustment to the sewer portion of your bill. Adjustments are not made to the water portions of bills.
Please, provide the following documentation along with your completed Leak Form:
Number of gallons used to fill a swimming pool. (ie. a copy of the pool description)
For leak adjustments you will need to show proof that the leak was repaired. (ie. receipts from plumber, or receipts from hardware purchase if you repaired the leak yourself.)
Forms can be faxed to
P O Box 1390
Benton, Louisiana 71006